|LG G2 Smartphone Global Launch, August 7th 2013, New York City|
The most recent Mercury Retrograde wreaked serious havoc on my life. I had more technology and appliances die on me all at once than I could possibly handle replacing! Bananarama isn't the only one singing 'it's a Cruel Summer' this year! The list of things I need to now replace include: my camera (my beloved Olympus has finally bit the big one), my refrigerator (I will admit I got my money's worth with that purchase, but the timing couldn't be worse), my air conditioner (in the middle of a heat wave no less) and last but certainly not least my super old, super reliable, long discontinued Palm Treo 700w! Apparently, the Universe for the past few years has decided to hurtle me head first into immediate and un-expected changes. So there's that.
The electricity in the room during the presentation was palpable, this is the first time in a long time I didn't see that 'been there, done that, not impressed' look that Media in New York can sometimes have, because in fact, they have probably been there, seen it, and done that. Not. This. Time.
|LG G2 Smartphone Global Launch, August 7th 2013, New York City, Sign Reads: Designed for secure, one-handed grip|
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ - New Perspective in Smartphone Design - All the buttons are on the REAR of the device, making it the first smartphone devoid of side buttons. As phones became larger it became harder to operate the side buttons comfortably, particularly with one hand!
|LG G2 Smartphone Global Launch, Shown in Black and White alongside LG QuadBeat Earphones, this phone delivers true Hi-Fi Sound! August 7th 2013, New York City|
- Answer Me - Automatically Answers the call and lowers the ringtone volume when the phone is raised to your ear
- Plug & Pop - Recommends options or related features to choose from when the earphone or USB cable is detected.
- Text Link - This feature allows information that is embedded in text messages to be selected and saved in a memor or directly to the calendar or searched on a map or the internet, perfect if you are meeting someone at a certain time say a movie theater and you can have that go to your calendar automatically and not have to keep toggling back and forth between your calender, the text and the net to get directions.
- QuickRemote - Not only can this phone be used to remotely operate multiple devices, it can also 'learn' from conventional remotes and be *customized* to operate multiple devices with flexible layout and keys. I was pretty blown away when I saw that demo'd live!
- Slide Aside - Multi-task by simply sliding open apps off to the side using a 3 finger swipe
- Guest Mode - Protect your privacy by displaying only pre-selected apps when a guest is holding your phone with a secondary unlock pattern. Great if you are letting the kiddos use your phone or ask a stranger to take a picture for you!
|Up Close and Personal with the LG G2 at the New York City Global Launch Event!|
- 2.26GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 processor featuring quad Krait CPU
- 5.2 inch Full HD IPS Display (1080 x 1920 pixels / 423 ppi)
- Memory: 32GB / 16GB
- RAM: 2GB LPDDR3 800 MHz
- Camera: Rear 13.0 MP with OIS / Front 2.1MP
- Battery: 3,000mAh
- OS: Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
- Size: 138.5 x 70.9 x 8.9mm
- Colors: Black / White
Some of the guys didn't seem to like the buttons on the back, but in my opinion every new device has a learning curve, and these lady fingers had no trouble with the power and volume being on the back of the unit, I did find the placement made operating it with one hand a bit easier in fact. iPhone is going to have step up it's game BIG time, because there just may be a new sheriff in Phone town! This would honestly save my back from carrying multiple devices everywhere! With the 5.2 inch Full HD Display, efficient energy usage (using GRAM technology) which reduces the energy use of the display by up to 26% and increases overall usage time on the device by 10% + a 3,000mAh battery this bad boy can certainly hold its own, whether it's by your side all day for work or play!
Expect the LG G2 to be rolled out in over 130 wireless carriers in the next 8 weeks starting in South Korea, followed by North America, Europe and other key markets (specific dates and price points will vary by region and carrier).
|The LG G2 certainly drew a large crowd!|
FTC Disclosure: This is NOT a Sponsored or Compensated Post, I attended the Global Media Launch of the LG G2, and while we were provided with gift bags, this phone sadly was NOT in them! All opinions expressed herein are 100% my own. We were not compensated for sharing our recap coverage or photos of the Global Launch. But if they want to send me the unit to put it through it's paces and see if it can keep up with me and my insane life, I would gladly take them up on it and put it to the test!