Sunday, October 18, 2009
Living in Gratitude
On Sunday, 'Today's Moment of Inspiration' becomes the weekly 'Moment of Gratitude'. While I do still live in Gratitude each and everyday, I decided to change this feature to a weekly to allow a full week of Inspirational messages and breathing meditations.
This week, I am grateful for:
1) Ascending Butterfly has been nominated for the Divine Caroline's Love! This Site Awards '09 For the 'Body and Soul' category! I am absolutely floored. I have been a long time reader of The Divine Caroline Website and consider them one of my daily sources of inspiration. My heart was certainly filled with gratitude to find out we were nominated. And more meaningful still, to find out it was an Ascending Butterfly reader who nominated us! Thank You! If you would like to vote for us, please click HERE! This is a one time vote and it's super fast, the best part is, voters will have a chance to win a $250 Visa Gift Card, just for voting! How cool is that?
2) I also recently found out that I made it to the top 20 and final voting round in the 'I REALLY want my Beautyrest Mattress Contest'. This is a daily vote and it's also super fast, you can vote HERE
3) I am also a finalist in the "Good Mood Gig" Talent Search, all votes appreciated HERE (No worries my butterflies, I can manage BOTH!)
4) I'm also very grateful that work allowed me some great moments of fun this week! While covering the newly re-designed Beauty Counters at Bloomingdales in New York City, I had the opportunity to receive a very relaxing 'hand & arm massage' at the La Mer counter! Definitely a priceless experience for a blogger whose wrists take a beating on a daily basis. If you have the chance, (pls call for an appointment) ask for 'Anna', she left my hands and arms baby soft, and the 'Diamond Dust' used in the exfoliation process left me with quite a sparkle and shimmer! (Hopefully I can work with the great folks at La Mer on sponsoring a review and giveaway, I will keep you all posted!) I had never tried out La Mer before (I know, I know) and I now understand the cult following these products have, they are pricey, but oh so worth it! I now wish I had taken them up on their facial offer, but I didn't have time and think I will have to do that next time!
5) We are also grateful to launch Ascending Butterfly's Ning Group, now users can do more than just connect with the site, you can connect with one another too! Join our Ning Group HERE. One of my favorite Ning Group apps is the Twitter Tracker, up to the minute butterfly updates and great conversation!
What are you grateful for today? I'd love for you to write in and share what you are grateful for this week. The more you say it, the more you speak it, and the more you live in gratitude, the more you will find reasons to be grateful for. So join me on this journey of gratitude and inspiration. And you can post here daily (even though my list will be posted weekly).
Remember, attitude really does determine altitude.
It is OK to *Re-Tweet* the link to this post and You can find me (@Tracy_Iglesias) on Twitter here! Twitter love: re*tweet by copying and pasting the following into your update field at Twitter:
OK to RT: @Tracy_Iglesias This Week's 'Moment of Gratitude' and THREE giveaways! - http://tiny.cc/n4Thx
Make this your best day ever, Bless and Be Blessed!
NOTE: Readers have asked us to make entering the contests and giveaways, faster and easier. Your wish is our command! We have moved our 'Today's Butterfly - Featured Site(s) of the day, which is where we host our giveaways, to the upper right hand side of the page. It will be located here from now on to make entering the giveaways faster and easier. There are 3 great giveaways today!
NOTE 2: Twitter followers: please remember you must also follow Ascending Butterfly using Google friends connect on the upper right hand side of the page for your entries to be processed. And you also must include your email in your comment entry, we have to have a way to reach you if you win!
How to Follow Using Google Friends Connect:
Please look to the upper right hand side, where the follower pictures are. (Note the number of followers before you start this process)
1) press the follow button - the google pop up wizard will open, this is not an ad and your pop up blocker will not block it
2) tick the option that reads 'follow this blog publicly' once that button is selected, hit follow again - it should now read 'you are now following'
3) if the follower count went up you know you did it succesfully, if your profile has a picture, that picture will be the first one on the left side. If your profile doesn't have one, it should still be searchable on the members list.
Remember, following on twitter or on Networked Blogs is an extra credit step, for the main entry to process you must become a blog follower using google friends connect in addition to your comment. If your 'follower' name is different from your 'comment name', please mention that in your entry (and don't forget your email formatted for security purposes.)